Friday, January 25, 2013

On Finding out My Passion


One day, someone asked me to ask myself what I want to do with my life, what my purpose of living is. I was thinking, but I couldn’t get the answer. So he said it’s easy and asked me again, what my passion is, what thing that makes me happy. And then I was thinking about it again. I said to be surrounded by the people I love, to make them happy. But he said again, it’s not that. Maybe family and friends are important to me, but still I need to know what thing that I do that makes me happy. I was thinking so hard, and finally I found the answer. To meet people, to interact with them, definitely not to be behind the desk, stare at the computer a whole day.

Yes, I love meeting new people, interacting with them. Knowing what kind of life they live, listening to the story of their life, knowing their way of thinking and sharing mine too. I think it’s the best feeling in the world ever.

I was a very active kid, I liked to ask question while everyone was too shy just to raise their hand. And up until now I always have a thousand of questions whenever I see something new. My mom also always encourages me to not be afraid to ask and to speak in front of many people. I owe my family for raising me in that kind of atmosphere.

I’m always excited to learn something new (well, definitely not math though), and that’s the reason why I chose Korean language as my major in University. I love learning new language. And when I’m able to speak in other language, that’s also the best feeling in the world. Especially when I talk to the native, and they could understand what I say.

I always believe everything starts from a dream. One day, I will go around the world to meet new people, learn new culture, and understand new language. I know I can’t fulfill my passion right now, but someday, someday I also know that I can, mentally and financially.


13.29
Jakarta, January 25 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment